Welcome to the official website of the Red Deer Softball Umpires Association (RDSUA). Check back to the website regularly for new information, including the local tournament schedule. If you are an umpire who is new to the Red Deer/central Alberta region, or you are interested in starting your umpiring career, please contact any member of the RDSUA executive listed in the Contact Us section of this website.
Rules for the Highway 21 Men’s League… I believe everything remains the same as last year.
- Pitching rule enforced – work with them, but the leagues wants the rule called if pitchers continue to throw illegally
- Three-run cap in the first two innings
- Time limit – no new inning after 2 hours.
- Run ahead rule – 10 runs after 4.5 or 5 innings.
- They can start with 8 players; they can borrow from the other team.
A couple of other notes:
– we are scheduling for Rumsey this year. The league will be paying the umps who work games in Rumsey an additional $25 per umpire for the additional travel.
– there are not supposed to be any games scheduled Canada Day weekend in Delburne, as has occurred in previous years.
– playoff tournament this year set for the weekend July 14-16, at Delburne
The 2016 AGM and Congress of Softball Canada was held on November 12 in Whitehorse, Yukon. During the AGM, several rule changes were approved for the 2017 and 2018 seasons.
Read this short pamphlet to become a good umpire right away
Need the proper sized mask, chest protector or shin pads, here is some helpful sizing information
See what is available for sale or for free with newly added items
Representatives of the RDSUA were in attendance at the annual scheduling meeting for minor ball associations in central Alberta. The turnout was exceptional, with more than 100 coaches in attendance to compile schedules for all age divisions. As part of the session, the RDSUA provided some updates and information for the 2017 season. That update is available by clicking the link below.
Associations are reminded to submit their schedules to the RDSUA Assignor, at firstname.lastname@example.org, as soon as possible. Each Association is requested to submit the schedules for all teams in the association at the same time, rather than having each coach submit individually.
As well, please ensure that schedules include: Age Division, Visiting Team Name, Home Team Name, Start Time, Diamond # or Name. All of these items are required to allow for the games to be entered into Arbiter, and have umpires assigned. As well, we would ask that contact information for the coach for each team be included (Name, Email, Phone), so that we can update our records, and ensure that everyone is included if we have messaging for all coaches.
if you attended the mechanics clinic in Red Deer, March 25 & 26, please take this survey